Welcome to the Chiefs Hockey Development Program
Spring Training Camp June 4 – 29, 2018
Prospera Centre, Chilliwack
For Birth Years 2004-2009
The Chilliwack Chiefs Spring Hockey Training Camp offers a specific development program for each of the Atom, Peewee, and Bantam age groups in order to prepare boys and girls for success as they advance in their individual hockey careers. Hockey success requires more than talent alone, it takes hard work on and off the ice and this camp is designed to push them to their limits.
Camps are designed for players and goalies playing or striving to play at the Rep hockey level. Players will participate in 8 on-ice sessions and 8 off-ice sessions with the Chilliwack Chiefs coaching staff at Prospera Centre and Club XO training facility. Goalies will participate in the 8 players sessions, as well as having 6 hours of goalie only training on Fridays. This program is designed to concentrate on the individual skills that are necessary to play at the higher Rep, Junior, and NCAA levels.
We want to share our hockey knowledge and prepare youth to make it to the next level. Our High-Level Spring Training Camp is based on individual skill development to help you succeed.
The on-ice program:
- 1-hour sessions of intense on-ice instruction (8 sessions total)
- Advanced power skating sessions with specialized power techniques to enhance stride length, balance, speed, and agility
- Focus on puck control at top speed
- Focus on proper shooting techniques
- Testing for skating speed and shooting power on the ice
- Instructional small-area games to reinforce skating, passing, and shooting
- 90 minutes of on-ice instruction (4 sessions total)
- Angles and crease depth / Lateral and crease movement
- Stopping skills and rebound control
- Butterfly style, slides, pushes, recovery
- Puck Handling
The off-ice program:
- 1 hour of off-ice instruction (8 sessions total)
- Focus on strength, speed, and conditioning
- Hockey specific training held at Club XO – the Prospera Centre Training facility used by the Chiefs and other high-level athletes.
- Club XO will push each individual athlete in a high energy and positive environment -challenging each participant in all aspects of performance – Agility, speed, strength, power, conditioning, flexibility, and recovery (emphasizing proper technique and safety)
- Spin classes
- Up-tempo boxing
- TRX classes
The total investment for the camp is $375. All participants will receive a BCHL jersey, a summer dryland workout T-shirt, and their very own rapid-shot card that will track all of their data. This card will also be theirs to keep and to use in the future. We look forward to seeing you in May and June!
For Birth Years 2004-2009
Camp dates: June 4 – 29