Welcome to the Chiefs Hockey Development Program
Spring Training Camp June 4 – 29, 2018
Prospera Centre, Chilliwack
For Birth Years 2004-2009
The Chilliwack Chiefs Spring Hockey Training Camp offers a specific Development Program for each of the Atom, PeeWee and Bantam age groups to help prepare boys and girls for success as they advance in their individual hockey careers. The BCHL Chilliwack Chiefs are proud of our long history of developing players that earn commitments to major US and Canadian Universities. We currently have twelve Chiefs players with Division 1 NCAA commitments and the Chiefs average thirteen or more post-secondary commitments per year. Hockey success requires more than talent alone, it takes hard work on and off the ice and this camp is designed to push you to your limit.
We want to share our hockey knowledge and prepare you to make it to the next level. Our High Level Spring Training Camp is based on individual skill development to help you succeed.
The on-ice program:
- 2 hours per session of intense on-ice instruction
- Advanced power skating sessions with specialized power techniques to enhance stride length, balance, speed, and agility
- Focus on puck control at top speed
- Focus on proper shooting techniques
- Testing for skating speed and shooting power on the ice
- Instructional small-area games to reinforce skating, passing and shooting skills
The off-ice program:
- Strength, Speed and Conditioning Spring Camp
- Hockey specific training held at Club XO – the Prospera Centre Training facility used by the Chiefs and other high level athletes.
- Club XO will push each individual athlete in a high energy and positive environment -challenging each participant in all aspects of performance – Agility, Speed, Strength, Power, Conditioning, Flexibility, and Recovery (emphasizing proper technique and safety)
- Spin Classes
- Up tempo boxing
- TRX classes