The Bantam Spring Development Camp is an invite only camp that will be taking place from May 26 to June 30 at Prospera Centre, home of the Chilliwack Chiefs Junior A Hockey Club. Players will participate in 10 on ice sessions and 10 off ice sessions with the Chilliwack Chiefs Coaching staff at Prospera Centre and the Xceed training facility. This program is designed for the player who wants to play junior hockey and beyond. This program will concentrate on individual skills that are necessary to play at the junior and NCAA level. To receive an invite to the camp please send Chiefs Head Coach, Jason Tatarnic your hockey resume.
If you have already received an invitation to the camp please click on this link to register.
May 26, 30, & June 6,8,13,16,20, 23, 27, 30
Cost to participate in the camp:
The cost of the camp $275.
The on ice program:
2 hours of intense on ice instruction
- Advanced power skating sessions with specialized power skating to enhance stride length, balance, speed and agility
- Focus on puck control at top speed
- Focus on proper shooting techniques
- Instant video feedback on the ice
The off ice program:
- 2 hours of off ice instruction
- Accelerated off-ice program that will focus on speed and agility including ladder drills, dot drill mats, resistance bands and much more!
- Rapid shot – improve your shooting with our interactive indoor shooting gallery
- Olympic lift training for explosive power
Each participant will receive a report card that will outline areas they need to continue to work on. The report card will also include all of the on and off ice testing scores as well as written feedback from all the coaches.
Jason Tatarnic. Tatarnic has been in the skill development industry for the past 20 years. Tatarnic will be providing instruction on and off the ice. Jason is currently the Head Coach of the Chilliwack Chiefs.
Brian Maloney. Maloney is a former captain of the Chilliwack Chiefs and has joined the Chilliwack Chiefs coaching staff after playing professionally hockey in North America and Europe. Brian played his collegiate hockey for the Michigan State Spartans.
Paul Nicolls. Paul is the strength and conditioning coach for the Chilliwack Chiefs. Paul will assist with all off ice testing and training for the players.